Saturday, July 28, 2007

My Dad, A Papoose, and Extras.

So - I promised I would tell you a bit more about my Dad at the end of the month since his birthday was on Tuesday. Happy Birthday, Dad! Why don't I paint a portrait of him though a bit of free association, shall I? Sort of a recipe for JBFT. A pinch of this, a dash of that... here are the ingredients:

In a large mixing bowl, pour in 3 cups rock and roll, preferably:
  • Signs by Tesla
  • Not Ready To Make Nice by The Dixie Chicks
  • The Weight by The Band
Add in:
  • one electric guitar to punch it up and
  • one acoustic guitar to mellow it out
Mix in a drizzle of vintage sci-fi, perhaps from a well aged bottle of Twilight Zone or Star Trek, Next Generation.

Add one cup each of:
  • Freshly mown grass
  • Alum
  • Motor Oil
  • Appalachian river water
Drop in two tbsp each of
  • Tax consultant
  • Tennessee Squire
A dash of brain teaser adds complexity.

Stir in a few obscenities for color.

But don't forget the scripture which adds body and ties all the other ingredients together.

Stir well until compassion and wit begin to emerge. Original lyrics will start to rise to the top.
Bake until neck is nice and red.

Serve with a side of Bev and a few good old boys.

Enjoy!


Hee hee... now you have an inkling of what JBFT might be like. Try him. You'll like him.

*** *** ***

In other news, here's what I made over the weekend:
-


It's a papoose for my Palm Treo. I haven't bought a skin for it yet, so I decided to make one for now. Hopefully, it will keep my new toy somewhat protected while I lug it around the city. I used one of my favorite yarns: Noro, Silk Garden in Rainbow. Yummy!

And, have I mentioned my discovery of Extras? Actually, Leese brought it to my attention when she was looking for clips of Ian McKellen on Youtube. Hmmm... I guess now I'm going to have to figure out how to post Youtube clips on here... brb...

No comments: