Monday, February 05, 2007

Sheesh.

Yikes. Time goes by so quickly! I can't believe it's been a whole week since my last post. A lot happens in a week.

I have to be honest and say that I have been very sad over the past few days. I am closing a chapter on a part of my life that I know needs to end, but requires a grieving period.

I had a great moment once where I was crying in an office, (don't ask... long story), and a woman walked by and said "Oh, Sarah, you're leaking." Just like she was talking about the kitchen sink. That always makes me smile.

So, I have leaked a lot lately. But, life is still pretty good. I have really great friends. We'll just call them Les Femmes for now since I haven't checked to see if they require code names on a blog. Tonight, two of them proved they will dance jigs with me in public places. One of them was Cecelia to my Rosalind on a short jaunt in a dark wood. All four of us had Sex on the Table. (A chocolate dessert, silly). And we wrote the first paragraph of the first page of the next chapter in my life.

And I just want to say a semi-public thank you to my sister and my dad. Without you, this next chapter wouldn't be available right now. And to my mom for mentally tucking me in at night and sometimes in the morning.

Sadness is a wonder I have found. Sometimes it comes from lost hopes. Sometimes it comes from broken expectations. Sometimes it comes from cheesy solos in a broadway musical.

Sometimes it is just a gauge for how much you love someone.

Apparently I love someone an awful lot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes..we think we feel sad. Sometimes..we sympathize with someone else and feel their sadness. In my experience, tho, real sadness is always about loss. And, I regret to report, as you go through life, the opportunities for loss increase exponentially. Sad, ain't it? BTW, you're welcome!