Monday, January 29, 2007

A Theme for 2007

At the end of every year, I invent a theme for the next year. Themes are great. I highly recommend them. They are a little like pets... a dog or a cat. Just when you get caught up in the whirlwind of life, overwhelmed by details, or maybe when you get bored or lost and don't know what step to take next, your theme will climb up beside you on the sofa, give you a little nuzzle and look up at you with its big, loving eyes in an expectant way and then you remember to feed it and, suddenly, all is right with the world again.

In 2006, my theme was being peaceful and complete and doing little things that make me happy. After a hectic and unsettling 2005, it was the perfect theme to get me refocused on my own well-being and happiness. I gave myself a break from lofty aspirations. I took up knitting. (I love yarn. So many wondeful textures and colors!) I visited my family twice as much as in previous years. (I love my family. So many quirks and strange personalities!) I saw 2 Cirque du Soleil shows: "O" and "Corteo". (Thanks, Leese!) All in all, my theme did its job and on December 31st, I said goodbye, patted it on the head, and sent it off into the world to find a new human to look after. (It may still be looking, so if you need a theme for the year, I can vouch for it.)

My theme for 2007 is Beauty and Abundance. Yay! I love those words. It's a new theme, so we are just getting used to each other. So far, it is behaving like a purebred. I'll keep you posted on our antics.

No comments: